Upselling—suggesting add-on products during checkout—seems like a reliable way to boost your average order value. Except when it has the opposite effect.
In this episode of Shopify Masters, you’ll learn from an entrepreneur who believes that not every business should use upselling and, when you do, there’s a right time to offer the upsell to customers.
Sholom Chazanow is the founder of LIV Watches: a direct-to-consumer microbrand crafting durable, high-quality, Swiss-made watches built to suit the modern man.
In our category at least, upsells create this distraction and it’s like, ‘I’m not sure if I need this upsell, let me save this page and I’ll come back.’
Tune in to also learn
- How to stand out in the crowded watch space
- The benefits of selling other brands first before you create your own
- Why you might want to offer a 90 day return policy instead of a 30 day one
Listen to the podcast below (or download it for later):
- Store: LIV Watches
- Social Profiles: Facebook, Instagram
- Recommendations: Upwork, Shipstation(Shopify App), Klaviyo(Shopify App), Criteo, Justuno(Shopify App), Brightpearl(Shopify App), Front App (Customer service)
REFERENCE FROM : Shopify